Vacancy: Technical Product Writer
The successful Technical Writer will help with productizing the IT platforms that are being created, to ensure an easy global usability. The task will be to provide a structure for documentation and also helping the squads with creating the user and technical documents.
Part of the agile squad
You will be a part of an agile squad and will help multiple DevOps squads to create high quality product description, instruction and manuals. The content will partly be delivered by engineers themselves and will be edited and monitored by you. You will be structuring the documentation skeleton, in early stages creating the documents with the squads by interviewing and extracting information from the product owners and engineers, and guiding and coaching them to get better at creating and maintaining documentation.
The user of these manuals and documents will be anyone within (or in some cases external) the company who wish to use these platforms. The manuals and documents that you create will all eventually be on portals and wiki-like websites within the organization to provide easy access to all intended users. Therefore it is important to keep the agility and dynamic nature of the work results in mind, and be aware that these documents will keep changing depending on how the products are evolving.
When the products will become mature, the DevOp squads will eventually be responsible to maintain the documents and manuals for their own products, therefore you will also need to make sure that during your assignment the squads are also learning from you and develop skills in maintaining their product documents.
- Determine the needs of end users for technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users understanding
- Select appropriate media for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Train the squads on the job to get better and improve their technical writing skills
- Facilitate and advice on how to gather usability feedback from consumers of the products
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Assisting and realising communication on other media than just web-interfaces for instance flyers and posters
- Create and set up the standard structure for the documentation, in which all product documentation of the products will be shaped based on
Who are we looking for?
- experience in creating user manuals, product documents and written instructions
- is familiar with Agile, Scrum
- has great understanding and interest in IT
- has knowledge and understanding of latest trends in IT
- has experience in tools for document writings and management (confluence, sharepoint, wiki)
- has a vision on how the results will be shaped and guides the content providers (engineers) towards it
- is creative, pro-active, outgoing and self-organising
- is fluent in written and spoken English (Dutch is an advantage)
- able to explain the technology in many formats (online, print etc)
- able to create/contribute to online training for consumers
- preferably has a good understanding of at least one of the followings:
- APIs and how they work
- Data management and data management systems
- Frontend applications and user interfaces
- IT Security systems
- Streaming Analytics, Modelling
- preferably has experience / knowledge with GitLab, Markdown and JSON, web analysis/statistics, UX
- You have understanding or experience with Agile in Scal
- You have excellent interviewing and communication skills
- You are a team player with a knowledge sharing mentality
- You have a focus on enabling other teams
- Your have a drive to improve and automate
What do we offer?
- Innovative national and international projects for a large, leading client
- Work within a diverse, international team
- Work of real substance and impact in an Agile environment
- Every opportunity for self-development
- Above-average starting salary and terms of employment
Interested in applying?
Call Anjenie Ramcharan on (+31)70- 3195000 to make an appointment for an introductory meeting, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualogy is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.